Fire safety is very important in every premises across the UK, whether it’s a warehouse, office, hotel, arena or block of flats. But it can be confusing if you are the person with the responsiblity for fire safety in your workplace.
The FIA is here to help provide guidance and insight into the best practice in fire safety as well as the reassurance that, by using one of our members, you are employing a competent person. On our website you will find everything you need to help you in your role as the Responsible Person (also known as Duty Holder in Scotland or Appropriate Person in Northern Ireland), including:
- Information about the responsible person’s duties under fire law
- Comprehensive list of our member companies around the UK
- Latest news and information relating to fire safety in the UK
- Regulatory reform guides for all the different types of business premises
- Our own Guidance to False Alarm Management of Fire Alarm Systems
- Scottish fire legislation
- Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service’s FireSAFE website
- Concerned about arson affecting your business? Read this from the Arson Prevention Bureau
- Are you thinking about buying your portable extinguishers via the Internet? You’d better read our guidance!
- Fire Safety Guidance for Purpose Built Blocks of Flats for social and private landlords, risk assessors, fire officers and others in the housing sector.
FIA Best Practice Guide
We have just published a new complimentary Best Practice Guide to Fire Safety aimed at everyone who has responsibility for fire safety in their premises.
No matter where in the UK you are based or what kind of premises you are responsible for this guide will help explain everything you need to be aware of, in a friendly, easy to understand way.
There are three ways to obtain your FREE copy of this guide:
- Open an online page-turning version
- Download a PDF version to read a your leisure
- Order your free paper copy via our eShop